Your voice, your vote!
If your Scout Group signed the SPA, then you can have your say! You are invited to participate in the first National SCOUTS South Africa Lekgotla. This inaugural event is the first of the national conferences to be held in South Africa.
The purpose of this meeting will be:
- to meet and interact with representative of the other Scout Groups from around the country, and
- elect the two Scout Group representatives to the Scout Board,
- have input on a number of priority areas that will inform the strategy of the movement going forward.
The conference will run from 6 -7 October 2017 and will be held at Eagles Nest, Kimberley. The intention would be for people to arrive on the 5th of October, and depart on the morning of the 8th. We will be asking the regions to coordinate travel to the venue, and will be providing some regions with limited support towards the travel expenses.
SSA has secured funding for the venue and meals for the weekend, but attendees will be required to pay a registration fee to cover the conference pack.
Due to venue limitations we can only accommodate one representative from each Scout Group at this time. Closer to the date and subject to attendance we may extend this. The programme has been developed in such a way that there will not be parallel sessions for this first Lekgotla.
We will be sharing more information on the topics to be discussed prior to the event to provide an opportunity for those not able to attend to also contribute and participate.
- Dates: 5-8 October 2017
- Venue: Eagle Nest, Kimberley
- Requirements to participate: Any Scout Group who has signed their Social Partnership Agreement (SPA), and is in good standing, will be eligible to send a delegate to the event and vote in the elections.
- Registration process will follow soon.
Yours in Scouting,
Dr Brendon Hausberger
SCOUTS South Africa